#include <qdb.h>
#include <phpbb.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main() {
    long qnum;
    long total_quotes = getCount((qdb*) getBashQDB());
    thread* ircjokes;

ircjokes = CreateThread("IRC Jokes");
    qnum = (long) total_quotes *  ( (double)rand() / ((double)(RAND_MAX)+(double)(1)));
    AppendPost(ircjokes, getQuote(qnum));
}
KermMartian wrote:
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
You read bash.org
I DO TOO.
Mad

It's considered very bad netiquitte to quote bash.org. Everyone knows about it already.

Exactly. Especially when you just quote from the top 50 page. >:-O
Definitely. Razz And Kllrnohj, that's a great idea for a signature bar!!
KermMartian wrote:
Definitely. Razz And Kllrnohj, that's a great idea for a signature bar!!

except that alot of the quotes tend to be multi-line Wink
Scrolling animated GIF, anyone? Smile
KermMartian wrote:

...and they tend to be very off-color, insulting, and full of curse words. Wink
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

...and they tend to be very off-color, insulting, and full of curse words. Wink
Yeah, that is a problem. Much like jpez's sig. Wink
There were several good jokes at the bash.org site, but I especially liked this one:

Quote:
<WerdPerfect> whats up with indian people and java
<WerdPerfect> its like mexicans and yardwork
<WerdPerfect> wtf
<CrotchCapers> hHAHHWFRHAWH)R*@
burr wrote:
There were several good jokes at the bash.org site...
Several good jokes? Several good jokes?! SEVERAL GOOD JOKES?!?!?!?! Bannishment for understatement!!

Nah, Just Joking, no banishment for that faux pas.
Racist overtones aside, I don't get it. Confused
jpez wrote:
Racist overtones aside, I don't get it. Confused

Neither do I
It is somewhat racist, but it does have some truth to it. If you go to any computer science class at college, there are always at least four or five indian guys. Mexicans, many of whom are illegal immigrants, are hired by lazy people to do their yardwork for them. That's the logic behind the joke anyways.
Ok, I'm sorry, but even with the explanation, that joke is EXTREMELY weak. Avoid such humorless posts in the future. Very Happy
burr wrote:
It is somewhat racist, but it does have some truth to it. If you go to any computer science class at college, there are always at least four or five indian guys. Mexicans, many of whom are illegal immigrants, are hired by lazy people to do their yardwork for them. That's the logic behind the joke anyways.

That is a pretty racist comment you just made. Most mexican's aren't illegal immigrants, and I think you are confusing indians with asians - but its still not funny
Read the last sentence in my post: That's the logic behind the joke anyways.
Quote:
It's considered very bad netiquitte to quote bash.org.

I didn't quote them from bash.org; I quoted them from another forum, and they might've quoted it from bash.org. So they're the ones with the bad netiquitte XD

Quote:
I think you are confusing indians with asians

Laughing Indians == Asians; you mean oriental (as for the joke, Indians are becoming the overseas tech support, remember? And by Indians, I'm referring to the dot, not the feathers :O)
Indians are asians. India is on the Indian subcontinent, part of the continent of Asia. And it's still bad netiquette, no matter how many previous nonbash iterations they've gone through.
...But if I didn't know the source, then it's not bad netiquitte Razz
For all I know, there is no source. It could have just been spontaneously created -- "Poof, there it is!" Laughing
Exactly; bash.org had to have gotten the quotes from somewhere...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours