Yea, I have a pretty high word count. In fact, I might have the highest word to post ratio. I can't wait until Kerm adds the meter. Very Happy
Chipmaster wrote:
Yea, I have a pretty high word count. In fact, I might have the highest word to post ratio. I can't wait until Kerm adds the meter. Very Happy

I think you do. You have 69.32 average words per post. I am not THAT far behind with 44.04 average words per post.

Rivereye and Kerm are waaay behind with a measlely 17.59 and 14.7 average words per post, respectively. Alex10819 has even lower than Kerm, however, with 12.66 average words per post.

Elfprince is holding on with a respectable 27.62 average words per post.

On a related note, this post should really help boost up my average words per post, yay! Smile
Meh, you guys are so high, in my opinion, because you quote other people a lot. I need to get in the habit of doing that, but since I'm not used to it, it's hard. Well, perhaps I can try adding more content to my posts, as well. Smile The danger there is that I'll start rambling; I'd rather have shorter, more concise posts than rambling posts that don't really get anywhere.
I thought quotes didn't count towards the total word count. In either case, I don't think I quote a lot. The reason mine ratio is so high is because I used to only post when I had a lot to say. I wouldn't post short posts that agreed with other people or ones that weren't long. Recently, I've noticed my word count per-post drop for better or worse because I'm more into interacting with people on the forum as opposed to posting long question answer type posts. I think mine will eventually drop to around 40 or 50 words per post, but no lower. I like having content filled posts, although this post would go against that statement....meh who cares...
I too like having content- filled posts, but I try to keep my posts concise for two reasons. First, it's so much easier for me, since I can get my thoughts down in a couple of sentences and don't have to go on and on repeating myself over and over, and secondly, it's easier for other people to read. I rarely find that I have enough actual information/ whatever that it actually requires a long post. Keep in mind, though, that as admin I try to read and answer as many posts as possible, and the need to do that efficiently is especially detrimental to my posts-to-words ratio.
Yeah, but Kerm, you also have alot of posts where all you do is agree with the person before you. That doesn't help much with the words to post ratio Wink It does, however, help greatly with just the number of posts Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
I too like having content- filled posts, but I try to keep my posts concise for two reasons. First, it's so much easier for me, since I can get my thoughts down in a couple of sentences and don't have to go on and on repeating myself over and over, and secondly, it's easier for other people to read. I rarely find that I have enough actual information/ whatever that it actually requires a long post. Keep in mind, though, that as admin I try to read and answer as many posts as possible, and the need to do that efficiently is especially detrimental to my posts-to-words ratio.

I am the same way it seems. I hate dragging things out for longer than they need to be.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Yeah, but Kerm, you also have alot of posts where all you do is agree with the person before you. That doesn't help much with the words to post ratio Wink It does, however, help greatly with just the number of posts Very Happy
I try to at least add something to the previous post, though, even when I'm agreeing with the post. I don't want to make completely pointless posts. Smile
Haha I've been here for well over a year and I'm just now about to hit my 100th posting milestone. Razz
yeah, some of us have been here just as long and are anticipation 4000 in the near future (me).
Suicide_Guy wrote:
Haha I've been here for well over a year and I'm just now about to hit my 100th posting milestone. Razz

Rivereye wrote:
yeah, some of us have been here just as long and are anticipation 4000 in the near future (me).
It all depends on how much time you have to spend on Cemetech. Either one works for me, as long as you participate. Smile
yeah, that is true, I spend all kinds of time here, after that time in which I was non-existant for like two or three months after signing up. Oh well.
Heh, it happens. I've noticed that there are some very specific trends that occur, both in individual user activity, and in overall forum activity. I should post up a thread about what I've noticed.
Yeah I practically fell off the face of the planet for quite a few months and then I was like ooo calculator and remembered this place. I've been sort of on and off since then. Razz

And this is my 100th post. Razz *celebrates*
congragulations, keep up on working on getting higher up.
SEVENTEEN THOUSAND! Woot! Smile
o.O That is amazing!! You post like 50 times per day or something like that, 0x5.

Edit: apparently 32
Well, according to my profile page:
Total posts: 17006
[42.77% of total / 34.49 posts per day]

34.5. Hmm, that's pretty fair. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Well, according to my profile page:
Total posts: 17006
[42.77% of total / 34.49 posts per day]

34.5. Hmm, that's pretty fair. Smile

*cough*14wordposts*cough*

P.S. CALCnet2.2 post excepted, 0x5.
Thanks to that post, my average went from like 14.4 to over 14.9. I'm working on getting it up above 15 with some more long Cn2 posts. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours