Hey guys, so one day when my calculators battery died, my friend managed to turn it on but now it just shows a blank screen and goes all purply. And for some reason when I try to charge it, it will just keep blinking white. I have tried turning it off, but the only way to do that is to reset it. I have downloaded about 6 games off cemetech so I'm not sure if this is the reason why its glitching out. If you guys know whats happening, or how you can fix it, please help me! Thank you guys for reading this and trying to help.
This sounds like a issue with the battery.
1. What kind of calculator?
2. It's most likely not the games you downloaded.
I'm willing to bet this is on the ti-84 + CE. This seems to be a recurring issue where the calculator crashes and does not recover (me and Unicorn have noticed it while sending C programs to archive but that might not be related) Unfortunately the only way we found to solve this issue is to resend a fresh OS. I posted instructions on how to do this in this thread. Until either they release a new OS without this bug or someone finds a less "bringing a gun to a knife fight" type of solution, this is the way to fix it.
seanlego23 wrote:
1. What kind of calculator?
2. It's most likely not the games you downloaded.

1. If you looked at the topic title, you would know what calc this is on. Although I did make the same mistake, so I don't blame you.

2. I agree. Games (even assembly) wouldn't cause this type of failure.

Warning: When you send a OS, you'll lose all of the programs that you downloaded (unless they are archived). You'll have to redownload them all over again.
Press 2nd+Delete+Reset
Reinstall the OS (https://education.ti.com/en/us/software/details/en/158B7669E4C0493A84D33D9A22FDBD3C/ti-84plusceoperatingsystem)
I've had this problem like 10 times so I know it will work
Are you using any other OS's than the TI OS?
Battlesquid wrote:
Are you using any other OS's than the TI OS?
There are no third-party OSes available publicly for the TI-84 Plus CE.
mr womp womp wrote:
(me and Unicorn have noticed it while sending C programs to archive but that might not be related)

And no one thought to mention this to anyone so they could fix it? That's helpful.

Regardless, try leaving the charger in for longer. Sometimes it takes a while.
Sending C programs to archive shouldn't be any different from archiving ASM programs.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours