I REALLY need help, here are some images and what I did to make this happen and details.

Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6o5uwk621osviaa/IMG_0959.MOV?dl=0

This is a video, I also took a regular picture here.

Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fr3bcln3cc2qawl/IMG_0958.JPG?dl=0

Sorry for the bad quality camera work, i'm pretty stressed out right now.

Ok, so basically what happened is I was running an assembly program and all of a sudden, the screen goes black and this happens. I think the boot code is corrupted but I can't be sure.

NO COMPUTER RECOGNIZES IT!

I have the newest OS.

I really hope someone can help me. My parents will FLIP if they found out I broke it.

Thank you!
Okay, this is not a corrupted boot code but unfortunately, you will need to reinstall the OS. Fortunately, this is pretty easy. you press 2nd and del while pressing the reset key in the back (a little hard to do but that's good because that means you won't do it by mistake) then connect it to a computer equipped with ti-connect CE with a mini-usb cable and send over the new OS. You can get the OS here. Good luck! and if you have any questions, ask away Smile
mr womp womp wrote:
Okay, this is not a corrupted boot code but unfortunately, you will need to reinstall the OS. Fortunately, this is pretty easy. you press 2nd and del while pressing the reset key in the back (a little hard to do but that's good because that means you won't do it by mistake) then connect it to a computer equipped with ti-connect CE with a mini-usb cable and send over the new OS. You can get the OS here. Good luck! and if you have any questions, ask away Smile

Thank you! You just saved me so much suffering!
That shouldn't have happened though. I wonder how that managed to happen. What was that assembly code you were running?
oldmud0 wrote:
That shouldn't have happened though. I wonder how that managed to happen. What was that assembly code you were running?

I honestly don't know why this happens, but looking at the screenshots, I had the same issue and fresh OS was the only thing that worked. It happened while I was archiving a C program from the MEM menu, but I really doubt that's a thing because I was able to archive the same program after flushing the OS without getting any errors or funky bugs.
There must be a bug in the OS somewhere. What I am getting at is that it can be potentially exploited, which is good or bad depending on who you ask. Of course, not all bugs are exploitable, but a bug that corrupts part of the OS should be considered serious.
I think it may have to do with archiving or writing files, it always seems to happen to me after finishing a C game that uses a high score appvar. There may be some sort of thing C programs use that cause this to happen randomly.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours