For those of you that have absolutely no idea what an anagram is, here is the definition.
An anagram is a word or phrase made from transposing the letters of another word or phrase, such as "listen" being an anagram of "silent". More often than not, an anagram is directly related to the subject, either making a comment on, describing, elaborating on, or asking a question about the subject. Check here for some guidelines on what makes an anagram "good".

What I'm hoping to do with this thread is have a source for me and everyone else to make their own anagrams. They can be of any subject you want, from short words and phrases to an entire book (no, I'm not kidding). I'm interested to see what you come up with!

You can use Scrabble tiles to make anagrams by hand, or use various online or downloadable generators. My go-to generator/letter tracker is Anagram Artist, available for free on the Anagrammy website. A close second is Anagram Genius, which you can get a free trial of, then buy for $39.96 USD (it makes the process almost entirely automatic). Compare the two here.

I'll start with an anagram I recently made:

Basic education
=
Idiot can use A-B-C!
I was asked to anagram the name "Christopher Mitchell". Let's see how I did.

Quote:

Christopher Mitchell
=
Rich, rich spell to them
=
Rich scheme, top thrill
=
Shh! I'll correct the imp!
=
Still richer? Chop them!
=
He'll rip me this ******!

That last one, I've censored because it was less than flattering. Figure out the word for yourself if you're so daring. Otherwise, just appreciate I chose those instead of some other...um...COLORFUL possibilities with those letters.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours