Hello, Forum: My username is KenMath and I am new to the TI-84 Plus CE. I want to learn TI-BASIC on this Calculator. My background in programming goes way back to the early 80s with the Radio Shack Color Computer 64K machines and the dinosaur of them all... the IBM PC. I have been using the DOS screen writing BASIC programs ever since, and still write programs for electronic technicians (Myself Included). I am intrigued with TI-BASIC now because I still want my creative mind to work with how to make life easier using programs in a portable way. I want to generally stay within the realm between Electronics and Math. I have come to learn that Math is my friend and I use it very often while servicing electronic equipment to this day. I am 69-Years-Young and a Vietnam Veteran. I graduated from College in June of 2014 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computers, Network Administration and Security. I have also been an Electronic Technician most of my life: my DAD had a TV shop when I was born. I still have a thirst for knowledge, so I want to continue learning to program in TI-BASIC and ASSEMBLY for the TI-84 and 89 families. Thanks, KenMath
Welcome to Cemetech, KenMath! It is always nice to have more people interested in calculator programming. Graphing Calculator
Welcome to Cemetech, KenMath; glad to meet someone new with whom we share common interests. Thank you for your service to our country, congratulations on the BS that you recently earned, as well, and I'm always very impressed by people who continue to pursue their education throughout their lives. I hope we can help you understand TI-BASIC a bit more; are you aware of the various resources we have available? Other than this forum, including our TI-BASIC subforum where you can ask questions, we have SourceCoder 3, which lets you write TI-BASIC programs in your browser to save typing them out on the calculator, and I wrote a book called "Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus" that teaches TI-BASIC programming. Welcome once more, and see you around on the site.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours