I'm trying to download some physics programs from this website (http://www.ticalc.org/pub/83plus/basic/science/physics/) but most of them don't work with the CE. Is there a way to edit their code to make it compatible?
EgyptianPrince wrote:
I'm trying to download some physics programs from this website (http://www.ticalc.org/pub/83plus/basic/science/physics/) but most of them don't work with the CE. Is there a way to edit their code to make it compatible?

Almost all of the 83+ programs are compatible with the CE (not vice verca), so could you please say which programs?

Comparison
- CE: bigger graphscreen -> graphs no problem
- CE: bigger homescreen -> Output( no problem
- CE: more commands avaible -> no problem
- CE: not the fast circle routine (as far as I know) -> only remove that
- CE: larger graphscreen font -> You need to change the Text( coördinates.

Pure BASIC programs can all be ported. To edit a program: press [PRGM], [RIGHT] and select the program you want to edit. If you need to help, feel free to ask!

Btw, can you Introduce Yourself? Smile
PT_ wrote:
EgyptianPrince wrote:

Almost all of the 83+ programs are compatible with the CE (not vice verca), so could you please say which programs?

Comparison
- CE: bigger graphscreen -> graphs no problem
- CE: bigger homescreen -> Output( no problem
- CE: more commands avaible -> no problem
- CE: not the fast circle routine (as far as I know) -> only remove that
- CE: larger graphscreen font -> You need to change the Text( coördinates.

Pure BASIC programs can all be ported. To edit a program: press [PRGM], [RIGHT] and select the program you want to edit. If you need to help, feel free to ask!

Btw, can you Introduce Yourself? Smile

Thanks for the reply. Most of them didn't work. For example, in the list I linked to, there is a program called 83physicsplus. When I try to send it to my calculator, Ti-connect either gives me an error saying "could not communicate with the calculator" or "error 8C010001". A lot of them don't even transfer for me to edit the code.
That is not because of the fact the programs aren't compatible. Because the CE has a different processor (ez80 instead of z80), TI made a new TI-Connect for the CE, TI-Connect CE. Just download that program here and it should connect your calc to your pc. I hope this helps!
PT_ wrote:
That is not because of the fact the programs aren't compatible. Because the CE has a different processor (ez80 instead of z80), TI made a new TI-Connect for the CE, TI-Connect CE. Just download that program here and it should connect your calc to your pc. I hope this helps!

I honestly have no idea how to thank you enough. You probably just saved me from failing a full physics chapter. Thank you!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours