foamy3 wrote:
Oh, okay. I always thought you just partioned so you could keep your windows files and install linux. I didn't know you could uninstall windows like that.

cfdisk technically is just a partitioner, however, windows and linux use different file systems, so you just delete the windows partition and make a linux one, apply the changes, and format it to your file system of choice (which will probably be reiserfs if the allows it, or ext3 otherwise)
Gah... I had some trouble booting DSL on my comp so I tried it on a different one. It worked fine, I played around on it for a while, and then decided to try it again on the other comp. I hit shutdown and it told me to eject the cd, close the case, and hit enter. I did so but now it is just like it is frozen. Is this normal? Should I just hit the power button?

EDIT: I held in the power button for a few seconds to shut it off. Is this bad for the computer? I can't really mess up a cd... can I?
Foamy: thats fine, don't worry about it, it won't mess anything up
foamy3 wrote:
...EDIT: I held in the power button for a few seconds to shut it off. Is this bad for the computer? I can't really mess up a cd... can I?
It was just frozen; don't worry about it. It started up fine the next time, correct?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours