I'm fairly new to coding of any sort, and all I've done is some simple stuff on my calculator, a ti-nspire with a ti-84 keyboard, which if I'm not mistaken codes in Lua, I'm trying to learn how to do this, and im figuring it out but I have a problem that I don't have the slightest clue how to fix. I wrote a program that will factor the number I input, but I get a ton of useless decimals that I don't know how to prevent, effectively making it useless for any thing larger than 5 or 6.

Code:

Prompt A
A→X

Repeat D=A
A/X→D
display D
X-1→X
End
Hello, and welcome to Cemetech, GRAPE! If you get a change, please Introduce Yourself! I think I see that your program is in BASIC, not in Lua, so display would be Disp D. For your program, I assume A is the number to be factored right? You have a loop, where A is divided by each number from A to 1, and you will display the result with only 1 or 2 fraction decimals? That seems you should take a look at the round command. I hope this helps! If not, feel free to ask anything Smile
PT_ wrote:
Hello, and welcome to Cemetech, GRAPE! If you get a change, please Introduce Yourself! I think I see that your program is in BASIC, not in Lua, so display would be Disp D. For your program, I assume A is the number to be factored right? You have a loop, where A is divided by each number from A to 1, and you will display the result with only 1 or 2 fraction decimals? That seems you should take a look at the round command. I hope this helps! If not, feel free to ask anything Smile

Alright thanks I'll give that a shot, and is it BASIC? I thought it was Lua, well either way the stuff I looked up for Lua worked when I needed it
GRAPE wrote:
PT_ wrote:

Alright thanks I'll give that a shot, and is it BASIC? I thought it was Lua, well either way the stuff I looked up for Lua worked when I needed it

When the Nspire has the TI-84+ keypad plugged in, it behaves exactly like a TI-84+, which uses BASIC for programming. With the normal keypad, the Nspire uses it's OS, which can Lua programs written on a computer. People have made 3rd party editors that let you edit and run Lua code on the Nspire itself too. http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/464/46492.html

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours