I want to play games but I don’t have a lot of money
I got my TI-84+ Silver Edition (black&white) off Amazon for roughly 70$USD. The resolution of the screen can be a bit disappointing while creating complicated graphs, but I don't do that a lot anyway and there is the Zoom function to help you out with it.

I can confidently say that I'm very happy with my TI-84+SE. It supports the Axe Parser language, which means I can basically write programs in BASIC and have them effortlessly compiled into efficient Assembly. Not to mention, the community behind it has been *huge* in the past, so there are many stable games available for it. Doors CS 7.4 is a must-have shell, by the way. Battery life on the TI-84+SE is amazing too.

I can't speak about other calculator models (other than the TI-30XIIS, which is nonprogrammable and scientific only), but personally the TI-84+SE was the best choice for me. I hated the backlit LCDs on the CE, which was my primary reason for getting the black and white model.
I’ve had one of those before I knew abt calculator gaming. I got rid of it though 😔
How much money do you have? For complex really good gaming, buy a used ti nspire cx for well under 100. Or get a used ti 84 ce also for under 100 for slightly more accessible gaming. I would not recommend getting a ti 84 se for gaming just because its monochrome and not very fast. I help my friends a lot with buying calculators for gaming, so feel free to reach out to me for more specifics.
I have abt 30 40 dollars

Edit: Is the ti 84 python good?
Please stop double- and multi-posting. Only reply to yourself if it has been over 24 hours; otherwise, edit your posts. In addition, please proofread and correct your posts before you post them, so that they're readable and parseable by other English-speaking human beings. Please read and understand this: https://www.cemetech.net/news/2014/5/666/_/a-brief-introduction-to-better-netiquette .

The TI-84 Plus CE Python Edition is a decent TI-84 Plus CE option, since you can run TI-BASIC, assembly, C, and Python programs on it. However, its Python implementation is relatively slow and constrained, and for a serious programmer, you'll eventually want to graduate to writing C programs.

I have a personal soft spot for the TI-83 Plus Silver Edition, the most powerful in the TI-83 Plus family with larger Flash memory and a faster CPU than the TI-83 Plus, not to mention a nifty translucent case and plenty of physical space inside to fit hardware mods. If your goal is dipping your toes in the water of programming, the TI-83 Plus you indicated you already have is a fine choice.
I would suggest the TI-89 Titanium. You can find them used on ebay in good condition for $40-50, which is not something that you can say about the colour calculators. The community in the past has been very strong, so there's no lack of games or useful programs to download, and I find them to be the most pleasant to program for, if you're into that kind of thing.

Also in my experience, higher level math or science classes still expect students to have TI-89 calculators, as the nspire line isn't popular in universities and the TI-89 is far more capable as a calculator than any other calculator that TI has made.

Whatever calculator you buy, I strongly suggest buying used. Graphing calculators, especially from TI, are overpriced when new and many students resell their calcs when they graduate from high school or college. Now is the time of year to buy used for cheap.
I would not suggest the ti 89 titanium. As a somewhat pro with calculators who just got a titanium, it was really challenging to get games on it. It was a fun experience, but for a newbie looking just to do some gaming, I would recommend getting a ti 84 plus ce or ti nspire cx(not 2 version) used.
The TI-84+CE is coming up 10 years old, one of the longest running calcs TI has actually had (.... why has that gone so fast?).

I've been able to pick them up online or from thrift stores for pretty cheap at times.
shop goodwill online is always a good place to buy calculators cheap, but you've got to know what your doing and what questions to ask the seller.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours