I am a grammar spelling master....strangely enough my grammar deteriorates when Im talking on a forum, probably because of the informal nature of it. however I haven't lost grammar/spelling points on an assignment in 3 years.
I play grammar games and always win...
elfprince: same here, and I have noticed the same trend towards laxness. Hence my lol rant.
all i am saying is that some of yall say my posts are hard to read, well u seem to read them just fine and tell me how stupid they make me sound and so and so forth, the same is for laffer you understand him perfectly, u just wanna argue about something so u bust on people who dont speak perfectly, i win at grammer games too something. i also do great in english class. have u ever stopped and thought that i might talk differently online than in the real world, now im gonna stop right here on the stupid telling people off cause it doesnt give me anything. right so wat about grammer is there to talk about besides that it is annoying to do online?
So ficken sie dann, du mußt immer gut Grammatik benutzen!

ENG: so **** you, you must always use good grammar! (that's not literal, but it's the actual meaning)

anyway... the next person i see using bad grammar in the Computer/Technology forum is getting their post edited. You have been warned.
Grammar isn't "annoying," it's a way of making yourself understood in a clear and logical fashion.
but i didnt use any bad grammer in the last one, at least not any grammer that makes it hard to understand. i specifically made it near perfect to see if somebody would say it was bad. to see if it was me or my grammer they were criticising. and if it helps yall with ur problems i dont mind haveing my posts edited, as long as i dont have to change the way i type
Mr. wiggles wrote:
but I didnt use any bad grammer in the last one, at least not any grammer that makes it hard to understand. I specifically made it near perfect to see if somebody would say it was bad. to see if it was me or my grammer they were criticising. and if it helps yall with ur problems I dont mind haveing my posts edited, as long as I dont have to change the way I type

Here's how I would have written that:
Mr. wiggles wrote:
But I didn't use any bad grammer in that last post, or at least I avoided any grammer that makes what I'm saying hard to understand. I specifically made it nearly perfect to see if somebody would say it was bad, and to see if it was me or my grammer that they were criticising. If it helps all of you with your problems, I dont mind having my posts edited, as long as I don't have to change the way that I type.

Isn't that better?
i get wat u mean, but i also dont agree with the hard to understand portion. the main difference i see is that u added on to a few words i shortened and u also added the correct punctuation. but all in all it is still quite easy to understand mine when the only difference is a few letters, i mean if u were able to correct it then that means that u were able to read it
ok, fine... we can read it.. but you know what? You'll never survive English like that... Or any foreign language for that matter. Personally, I'm in German 4... that's as high as you can go at my school...

You see, proper grammar will benefit you. I got hired for a web-design job just because my grammar was better than the other guys. (Well, that and my dramatic experience record... )
Alex has a point here...nothing earns you more respect in written or spoken media than good grammar and vocabulary.
u have a point there, but that is for people that r thinking of speaking publicly, whether it be a magazine or a newspaper, or even tv. but in my future im sure i wont be on any of those unless its an interview. but in some professions u earn respect through ur job, not ur grammer
Mr. wiggles wrote:
all I am saying is that some of yall say my posts are hard to read, well u seem to read them just fine and tell me how stupid they make me sound and so and so forth, the same is for laffer you understand him perfectly, u just wanna argue about something so u bust on people who dont speak perfectly, I win at grammer games too something. I also do great in english class. have u ever stopped and thought that I might talk differently online than in the real world, now im gonna stop right here on the stupid telling people off cause it doesnt give me anything. right so wat about grammer is there to talk about besides that it is annoying to do online?

hard to read =/= can't read at all

your posts are hard as hell to read, but that doesn't mean I can't understand you. You say you are lazy, well, so are other people here. No one wants to have to work to understand you. I get tired trying to read your posts after the first couple lines, and just skip the rest - its just not worth it. I can understand it, but with considerably more effort than with people who at least attempt to follow the general rules of not just grammar, but spelling also. "ur" =/= "your", 'u' =/= "you", etc...
Kllrnohj wrote:
hard to read =/= can't read at all

your posts are hard as hell to read, but that doesn't mean I can't understand you. You say you are lazy, well, so are other people here. No one wants to have to work to understand you. I get tired trying to read your posts after the first couple lines, and just skip the rest - its just not worth it. I can understand it, but with considerably more effort than with people who at least attempt to follow the general rules of not just grammar, but spelling also. "ur" =/= "your", 'u' =/= "you", etc...
Same here. The method of composition makes me think the contents aren't going to be worthwhile to read.
to me that doesnt make any sense. if the grammer sucks that doesnt mean the idea of the post is changed. and that post ur referenced to of mine. if that is hard to read to u, then u r very different from me. i write the way i do because when im playing an online game like rune scape u dont have much space to write so u abbreviate words to the point where u can read them and they fit on the line. and abbreviations such as u=you and ur=your those r very easy to distinguish for wat they r, same thing right there r=are. it isnt rocket science u should be able to understand where i am coming from and wat i mean
Mr. wiggles wrote:
to me that doesnt make any sense. if the grammer sucks that doesnt mean the idea of the post is changed. and that post ur referenced to of mine. if that is hard to read to u, then u r very different from me. I write the way I do because when im playing an online game like rune scape u dont have much space to write so u abbreviate words to the point where u can read them and they fit on the line. and abbreviations such as u=you and ur=your those r very easy to distinguish for wat they r, same thing right there r=are. it isnt rocket science u should be able to understand where I am coming from and wat I mean

Understand, yes, is it easy to read no.

I know that 'r' == 'are', but the extra millisecond or so saved by not typing it out isn't worth it, because it is harder to read.
Mr. wiggles wrote:
to me that doesnt make any sense. if the grammer sucks that doesnt mean the idea of the post is changed. and that post ur referenced to of mine. if that is hard to read to u, then u r very different from me. I write the way I do because when im playing an online game like rune scape u dont have much space to write so u abbreviate words to the point where u can read them and they fit on the line. and abbreviations such as u=you and ur=your those r very easy to distinguish for wat they r, same thing right there r=are. it isnt rocket science u should be able to understand where I am coming from and wat I mean

Well since we are all either on runescape or AIM etc., that really matters to us! last time I checked the post boxes here don't have much of a character limit, so you have no excuse to abbreviate besides your self-imposed belief that nobody minds taking an extra minute to understand your posts just so you can save less than a second on one or two keypresses. I typed this entire message in less than two minutes, with no spelling or grammatical errors. You are either excessively lazy, excessively delusional, or both.
Good Idea Well said, my friend. Smile
However, if you would like to see a forum where you can use improper grammar freely and say outlandishly irrational things with no worries, I suggest this one.
Mr Wiggles stop acting like a censored. All you've done since you've been here is whine about how we have been treating you. Why don't you actually do some a programming? Are you just here to continue an argument about your bad grammar? Hell it can't even be called an argument because you have bad grammar without a doubt. Stop whining and do some programming. The main reason most of us are here is to do programming, not to whine about our defects.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours