Some of you may have heard of this website. To be honest, I just learned about it from Omnimaga. The basic premise of http://koding.com is that when you sign up, you get a free 1GB Linux parition to play around with. I have an account and by geting referals, the person who signs up gets more memory while the referer gets some extra memory as well.
https://koding.com/R/ordelore
Use this /\ as a referal please!
I've seen a lot of people (by which I mean two people) post about this on Facebook, and I'll be the one to ask the awkward question: what's the point? Why is it better than coding locally? What does it offer other than a remote virtual Linux environment to write programs in?
Features
An IDE that can be viewed and edited by multiple people at once. The VM itself cannot be easily corrrupted and is useful for programming on the go since you don't need a distro of Linux with you at all times.
KermMartian wrote:
What does it offer other than a remote virtual Linux environment to write programs in?
What else does it need to offer? Some people may not have access to such an environment, and having remote access may be the only option for some people.
And it's free. You can run a little test web server on it to learn PHP. Or, oh, I don't know, learn how to make a calculator emulator in C or something.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours