If you enjoy Pokemon or Earthbound, you'll probably enjoy this game. Play as four children who end up trapped in the Whirlpool Galaxy. Fight enemies and find materials to build a ship to take you back home to Earth.
* Detailed graphics and smooth-scrolling
* Four playable characters, each with unique weapons
* A full story with cutscenes
* 11 levels (and one secret level) that take place on 9 different planets
* 70+ enemies, including several bosses
* Save up to 3 games
Fast-play mode. Removes collision detection so that you can speed-run the game.
----If you've already completed the game, just load that saved game and beat the final boss again to unlock fast-play
----USE FAST-PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK! There's no safety net to prevent crashes.
New secret level! (There's a hint in the "fast-play" menu on how to find the secret level)
New weapons: J-Bomb and MedKit
New "Arena" map where you can level up if you find a level difficult because your characters' levels and maximum health points are too low
Made the game slightly easier in some ways:
----No more punishment for running away
----You get money for ANY enemy you destroy, not just robots
----Slightly more experiences points awarded for each enemy
----"Resting" and saving your game will give you some free battery power if you're too low on it
Bug fixes (Can now heal stunned players for example)
|Elimination 14/EliminaA14.8xv||60.3 KB|
|Elimination 14/EliminaB14.8xv||62.7 KB|
|Elimination 14/EliminaC14.8xv||43.7 KB|
|Elimination 14/EliminaD14.8xv||22.9 KB|
|Elimination 14/Elimination14.8xp||64.0 KB|
|Elimination 14/GuideCE.pdf||742.4 KB|
- 9 months, 1 week ago
- 9.4/10 (5 votes)
- ↳ this version
- ↳ this version
This is easily the best TI-84 Plus CE RPG so far. Although some puzzles are tricky to solve, such as the musical notes one, once you get familiar with the playable character abilities this becomes pure JRPG-style fun. I also like the story and graphics, which, by being mostly 96x64 pixels, gives old-school vibes from monochrome calculators but enhanced with vibrant colors. A must play!
8/10. This game is impressive, especially for a calculator, but it suffers from a few key flaws. The biggest point of praise for this game is its length, which lasted me three months of occasional playing. The gameplay is mostly solid, having the player travel from world to world, battling creatures and aliens. One critique is that there is no built-in map so you will have to spend some time wandering aimlessly. Additionally, some puzzles are extremely confusing. Also, in the begging half, I had to contact Hot_Dog a lot. However, he is a very nice person and did a good job telling me what to do. The battle system is good, making me think about what move I should do next. Unfortunately, there are some enemies that you can only take down with a laser or ion gun, two weapons that deal very little damage. This gets frustrating, especially in later levels. The story is decent, with interesting plot points and twists. However, the dialogue could definitely be spruced up a bit and the first half has the generic “boyfriend gets jealous that girlfriend has another friend who is a boy”. The graphics are good for a calculator, but not anything mind-blowing. The game is technically impressive, I still have enough storage to install other games such as Tetris, an attribute not shared with other games similar to this. In all, this game is solid but I think if Hot_Dog added a map, made some puzzles easier, spruced up some dialogue, and made some enemies less frustrating, it could have gotten a 10/10.
- Elimination: An ASM Sci-Fantasy RPG (84+ CE) (published 1 month, 4 weeks ago; 2023-10-02 19:23 UTC)
- Elimination: An ASM Sci-Fantasy RPG (84+ CE) (published 9 months, 1 week ago; 2023-02-20 01:54 UTC)
- Elimination: An ASM Sci-Fantasy RPG (84+ CE) (published 1 year, 4 months ago; 2022-07-02 11:09 UTC)
- Elimination: An ASM Sci-Fantasy RPG (84+ CE) (published 1 year, 5 months ago; 2022-06-29 19:40 UTC)
- Elimination: An ASM Sci-Fantasy RPG (84+ CE) (published 1 year, 7 months ago; 2022-04-07 11:46 UTC)
- Elimination: An ASM Sci-Fantasy RPG (84+ CE) (published 1 year, 8 months ago; 2022-03-29 05:23 UTC)
- Elimination: An ASM Sci-Fantasy RPG (84+ CE) (published 1 year, 8 months ago; 2022-03-28 20:41 UTC)