Well ... I've been *thinking* about finishing it if that counts?

I have some extended leave from work coming up in August that I'm planning to use to knock some of these projects over with.
It's an incredible concept. Very nice, very nice.
Encountered a bug, after exiting the game I got put on the TI-OS screen but it wouldn't regain focus, forcing me to reset my calc. This was after I finished 5 laps.
Thanks for letting me know - are you able to tell me your calc model and OS version?
tini-bump lol

I really hope this can be continued and we hear more about it soon! It looks amazing!
Hold on, I just learned this was a thing and I just saw that screenshot of what I think is a map editor. Now, I could just be stupid, but I really want to put rainbow road on this. Could I do that and if so, how. Also I am a fool so please be patient if I say something stupid or don't understand it. Also I think that this project is really cool. It runs really well and feels like the old Mario Kart. I'm excited to see this get finished. Good job tr1p1ea!
Thanks and welcome to the forums!

Yes Rainbow Road is something I would like to try and include Smile.

(.... yes I better work on this again).
tr1p1ea wrote:
Well ... I've been *thinking* about finishing it if that counts?

I have some extended leave from work coming up in August that I'm planning to use to knock some of these projects over with.

Any updates on this? Confused
It is August 🤔
Tr1p1ea will give an update when one is ready, until then just be patient.
OK OK so I actually have been working on this a little Smile.

Very busy but I got everything set up on my home PC after I reformatted and such.

After tracking down some old bugs I've been working on red shells:

Some comments about how things work from IRC:
AI work off simple waypoints, red shells start following the nearest forward waypoint until they get close enough to an enemy and then they change target to them instead
there can be multiple AI waypoint paths per track so the red shell could be tracking a racing line that the closest AI is not on
so you may see it alter it's course when it gets near instead of straight for the nearest target from the getgo
especially if the nearest AI is a fair way ahead of you
not sure how the official games handle them
I know they don't use waypoint systems for AI
iirc some kind of vector per tile overlay for the map, which would be too much data for this
(and later games proper pathfinding and tactical racing AI)

So there's still a few things to work out. After this I think all the other powerups are pretty straightforward.
Great progress. My friends are very excited to see new updates on this
Will I be able to drift boost
If you drive a real car while playing MKart then sure!

Seriously though yes this is something I'm considering, just want to get a nice key combination sorted.
Looking great! Have fun!
Glad to see more work on this! Looks good!
Great work! Are you planning on adding the capability to hold items behind the car (like bananas or shells) to block the shells or spin out other players?

Looking forward to more updates!
epsilon5 wrote:
Great work! Are you planning on adding the capability to hold items behind the car (like bananas or shells) to block the shells or spin out other players?

Looking forward to more updates!

I think so, just want to see the performance hit for it is all.

Red shells are done enough for now, not perfect but will move onto other stuff.

Will work on mushroom boosts next though then the rest of the items.
Awesome to see progress again! I like how smooth it still is.
Thanks man!

Regarding items, I was thinking of including:

-Green Shell
-Red Shell
-Blue Shell
-Mushroom
-Super Mushroom
-Banana
-Star
-Coin
-Lightning Bolt
-Bad Block
-Bullet Bill
-Fire Flower
-Bobomb

Thoughts?

With Blue Shells do they target who is 1st at the time of firing or whoever's first when they reach the front of the race?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours