Happy Halloween 2013! What are you doing to celebrate? Do you have a calculator (or otherwise)-themed pumpkin, costume, or decorations? Are you attending fun parties, or just sitting at home to receive trick-or-treaters?
We don't really go in for halloween so much in the UK, but Sega have released a new Typing of the Dead game and it's currently at half price.
benryves wrote:
We don't really go in for halloween so much in the UK, but Sega have released a new Typing of the Dead game and it's currently at half price.
So the commercialization of every holiday hasn't pressed UK retailers to try to make extra money off Halloween? I'm surprised to hear that.
I'm not doing anything for Halloween, sorry. I was planning to make a costume of my Terraria character but I didn't have enough time or materials. I will try to make it though once I get enough materials Wink
I just got back from taking my brother out trick-or-treating. Even though it was raining, he STILL wanted to go 6 whole blocks. I got my candy fix. Mostly, I'm exhausted from our school musical we did today, and tomorrow, and on Saturday.
KermMartian wrote:
benryves wrote:
So the commercialization of every holiday hasn't pressed UK retailers to try to make extra money off Halloween? I'm surprised to hear that.

There's some degree of it but it's fairly minimal (it's certainly a long way behind the other holidays and seems to be aimed much more at young kids). It may help that we have the much more wholesome bonfire night to look forward to where we can burn the effigy of a Catholic rebel on a great big fire like a civilised nation. Razz
benryves wrote:
It may help that we have the much more wholesome bonfire night to look forward to where we can burn the effigy of a Catholic rebel on a great big fire like a civilised nation. Razz

I would be too lazy to make my own post, but it is great how benryves put it about Guy Fawkes.
We dont really celebrate this holiday in Australia either, but it has been gathering momentum from a commercial perspective of late.

I made a pumpkin sprite bouncer as an xLIB test for DCS, anyone who wants to try it out (to see if it even works!) is more than welcome:

http://tr1p1ea.net/files/downloads/HWEEN.zip

Just copy both to your 84C and run HWEEN.8xp (You can archive PUMPKIN.8xv)

Rough screenie, im not sure if the speed is reflective of actual performance (and there isnt any tearing on calc).

That's wonderful, tr1p1ea! And as you said, this demo helps clear up what the GRAM-flipping is used for, so it or a version of it might be a useful demo program for DCSE/xLIBC programmers.
well, you've all been waiting:

Do we have any calculator-carved pumpkins this year? Happy Halloween 2015, everyone!
Sadly, not a calculator, but I did do a Fullmetal Alchemist one.

I made this one tonight, its beautiful
Nice job! How sturdy is the t? it looks pretty fragile there.
It is pretty strong, and can withstand the occasional bumping that will be the only test of its strength. I did have to thin the 'i' that sits inside of the 't', otherwise it would have been in a pretty precarious position.

Had to be reinforced with toothpicks.
It's Halloween once again! What are you all doing to celebrate? If you're dressing up, what are you going to be? Show us your costumes and jack-o-lanterns!

This Years pumpkin. Been rocking Ubuntu for a few months now and loving it.
Not very spooky, but mine never are.
I'm going to be Red Skull from the Marvel's Cinematic Universe. Don't know how I'm going to pull this off lol.
Happy Halloween! My pumpkin and I are both going as Edward Scissorhands because a lot of the music for that movie is in our marching band show. It seemed fitting. I also made a small derpy smile pumpkin.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours