qazz42 wrote:
re, comic's pic. I def am with the Moffat hater groups with Kerm. Although I think that Moffat did Sherlock much MUCH better than he did his Who episodes (at least, once he took full reigns)

I'm a Christopher Ecclestone die hard fan (well maybe not die hard, but he's definitely "my Doctor"). His regeneration scene still brings a tear to my eye no matter how many times I've seen it.

Regarding Moffat, for the most part I enjoy his writing (certainly everything in the RTD era), although he can be very hit-and-miss.

If there's one thing I could change about the canon Moffat has written, it would be the War Doctor fiasco. I understand that he wrote the War Doctor part after Ecclestone turned down appearing as Nine in TDOTD. Moffat's reasoning was that he didn't want to then write Eight as the Doctor who fought in the war, because he couldn't see that Doctor as a "fighter". Personally I disagree though - I think that every Doctor has the potential to go a bit dark if it's required, particularly when the survival of the entire universe is at stake.

Having said that, I thought John Hurt did a wonderful job with the part Smile

EDIT - the pain is never ending, farewell Nine Sad

Oh yeah, very hit and miss, especially in seasons 7 and 8, I feel.

I wonder how that would have worked out, as Doctor 9 was, before the war doctor was introduced, already established to have just finished regenerating into 9 after the war, giving the implication that 8 was the war fighting Doc.]
qazz42 wrote:

I wonder how that would have worked out, as Doctor 9 was, before the war doctor was introduced, already established to have just finished regenerating into 9 after the war, giving the implication that 8 was the war fighting Doc.]

If Ecclestone had agreed to be in TDOTD, I think they could have gotten around the Nine having just regenerated assumption at the start of the episode "Rose". Eight could have regenerated into Nine in the middle of the Time War (as he did anyway but into the War Doctor), and then at the conclusion of TDOTD after Nine leaves, his mind could have become muddled due to time being in flux regarding the outcome of the war (Gallifrey burning vs. being saved), thus leaving him unsure of his exact appearance until he saw himself in the mirror in Rose.

A bit of stretch maybe, but the proper writers could have made something that worked I'm sure Smile
My mom sent me this in an email.
I need some context on this. What episode/season/doctor? I don't remember anything about a wardrobe.
That picture is just the best. Smile Then Narnia.
JamesV wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

If Ecclestone had agreed to be in TDOTD, I think they could have gotten around the Nine having just regenerated assumption at the start of the episode "Rose". Eight could have regenerated into Nine in the middle of the Time War (as he did anyway but into the War Doctor), and then at the conclusion of TDOTD after Nine leaves, his mind could have become muddled due to time being in flux regarding the outcome of the war (Gallifrey burning vs. being saved), thus leaving him unsure of his exact appearance until he saw himself in the mirror in Rose.

A bit of stretch maybe, but the proper writers could have made something that worked I'm sure Smile
Oh wow, the Doctor Who writers should just hire you. I like that a lot better than Moffat's silly retcon about there being (surprise!) an extra War Doctor between the other Doctors, and that Nine and Ten and Eleven were called those (cf. "Eleventh Hour", for instance) because the Doctor chose to forget his War self. Come on, there's creativity with the canon and then there's Moffat.

comicIDIOT wrote:
I need some context on this. What episode/season/doctor? I don't remember anything about a wardrobe.
Your childhood must have been extremely depressing if you didn't get to enjoy the "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" series.
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
Your childhood must have been extremely depressing if you didn't get to enjoy the "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" series.

I had a euphoric childhood. If I read/watch or know what this is it sounds like my childhood will be depressing. I elect to not inquire any further on this matter on the grounds of holding onto optimism and happiness. Wink
Those of you wanting all the Doctor Who you can get, Humble Bundle has a bunch of audio books available. Paying $15 get's you every audio book they are offering. Check it out!

https://www.humblebundle.com/books
comicIDIOT wrote:
Those of you wanting all the Doctor Who you can get, Humble Bundle has a bunch of audio books available. Paying $15 get's you every audio book they are offering. Check it out!

https://www.humblebundle.com/books

Only 17 more hours to purchase this amazing bundle. With all the books, you easily have 1 day of audio, in both MP3 and FLAC. Not that FLAC is really important for an audio book or that a majority of us have the proper equipment to play these types files. But still!
This would be awesome: http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/russell-t-davies-interested-in-writing-a-doctor-who-movie-71219.htm

I wonder how it would compare to the 1996 movie. Razz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNEjx6XUbfQ

Found this shared by one of the facebook pages I watch. This is by the same person who put together a video of Sherlock and the Doctor meeting up, and who brought us a very convincing season 8 intro. The video linked above depicts how the TARDIS herself would see her travel through space/time.
tifreak8x wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNEjx6XUbfQ

Found this shared by one of the facebook pages I watch. This is by the same person who put together a video of Sherlock and the Doctor meeting up, and who brought us a very convincing season 8 intro. The video linked above depicts how the TARDIS herself would see her travel through space/time.
Very cool indeed!

I.. Really don't know what to say about this one, just watch and see for yourself.
Spenceboy98 wrote:
This would be awesome: http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/russell-t-davies-interested-in-writing-a-doctor-who-movie-71219.htm

I wonder how it would compare to the 1996 movie. Razz
It could hardly be worse than that film. Razz And considering that it's Russell T. Davies rather than Steven Moffat, it probably would actually be good.
tifreak8x wrote:

I.. Really don't know what to say about this one, just watch and see for yourself.
That was excellent. Couldn't agree more with those send-ups of (Moffat's) Doctor Who and Sherlock.
My room-mates are rewatching the 2005 and 2006 season, and I can't get over how much better they were. I think that
(a) the season finales have gotten progressively more prone to "big reset button" solutions, beginning with The Big Bang (which I actually liked), with progressively worse explanations for why that even makes sense.
(b) We've gotten a lot of crappy retcons (e.g., not being able to get back to the relevant time period after Angels Take Manhattan for no particularly sensible reason, rewriting Martha and Mickey in nonsensical fashion for The End of Time, making the Dalek's even vaguely comfortable with the notion of using human-form agents)
(c) I like Clara's character, but she's been really really misused as a companion for the last season and a half.
(d) we really need to not have more "the power of love" endings for at least a year and a half. Seriously. Once is cute, twice is meh, after that is annoying.

I like Peter Capaldi, but this last season really just failed to capture my excitement. I'm hoping the writers get their act together for season 9.
Apparently today is/was "Impossible Astronaut Day."

tifreak, that video was pretty creepy and entertaining.
Apparently there is now a Doctor Who game maker: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/26Y2fJtHFZ2wWp397SHttGM/doctor-who-game-maker Looks like it could be fun to mess around with.
https://youtu.be/CzCzDH59Pm8?t=109

Apparently COD: BO 3 gives a nod to Doctor Who, manikins that turn into weeping angels!
tifreak8x wrote:
https://youtu.be/CzCzDH59Pm8?t=109

Apparently COD: BO 3 gives a nod to Doctor Who, manikins that turn into weeping angels!

I heard of this easter egg on reddit but hadn't watched the video. That is actually more terrifying than it is in the show. By god. Evil or Very Mad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 19 of 20
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours