» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Does anybody on this forum play AOE2 (particularly The Conquerors expansion)? Kerm has gotten me playing again and I'm curious if anyone wants to play some time.
I play, as you said, and ElderofMagic/Arcades also plays. You should be aware that PseudoProgrammer and I are in slightly different skill brackets, though.
I play on occasion as well. And by occasion I mean about once a month.
lafferjm wrote:
I play on occasion as well. And by occasion I mean about once a month.
Let me know the next time you feel like playing! I use Voobly for NAT traversal.
Holy crap; other people play this, too!? My friends and I play this in the programming lab at school all the time.
foamy3 wrote:
Holy crap; other people play this, too!? My friends and I play this in the programming lab at school all the time.
Awesome! We should coordinate at some point, then. How good are you guys?
If you guys don't have it, get voobly. It helps set up servers and what have you.

http://voobly.com/games/view/13

Depending on you guys' skill levels we could do you three vs. me (or 4 in we get Arcades in also).
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
Depending on you guys' skill levels we could do you three vs. me (or 4 in we get Arcades in also).
Or we could ditch you and play a more balanced every man for himself game. Wink Just Joking
Harumph. Just make more villagers. Better allocate resources.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
Harumph. Just make more villagers. Better allocate resources.
That's not all, though. You also somehow had the stone to make 11 castles even when you stayed on your island and played a defensive game (even when you failed to do so and still invaded my island). Razz
You had 105K food. Sell food and or wood. Buy stone. I could have put up 30 castles this way.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
You had 105K food. Sell food and or wood. Buy stone. I could have put up 30 castles this way.
Sure, but I think we play it with different goals. I vote we agree to disagree.
What goal is there besides to win Razz
Ooh, my friends in TSA (technology student assoc. because people think it is a groping club all the time >.>) play this, and I could easily join up one day (probably after break, as we are almost out of school) Smile
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
What goal is there besides to win Razz
Umm, to have fun...? Sad

@_player1537: Sweet! You definitely should play with us.
None of us are god-like, but we can all hold our own (I'm probably the worst out of us, actually). I'd be down for some games next semester.
Kerm: It is definitely possible to play well and have fun.
Or we could just not play against each other. Clearly I haven't put as much time or effort into trying to be a good AoE2 player as you, which is fine with me. If I'm not going to challenge you, or you're just going to slaughter me every time, it's no fun, and there's no point. Also thanks for calling me mediocre. I love when people insult me.
Quote:
Or we could just not play against each other.

Quote:
I think it's more apt to say that both of us play the game the same way, we are just on different skill levels.

I think that that was implied.

Quote:
Also thanks for calling me mediocre.

I never said this. I said that I have strong feelings about encouraging mediocrity. This was not directed at anything that has been done or said, rather, it was directed at the hypothetical argument I had proposed:

Quote:
... You may say "Well...
Yay, I play it...

Its either that or warzone2100

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours