I need help with something. In Microsoft Word, I would like to, rather than typing [Enter] and [2nd], to type an actual button symbol, with the text inside of it. I've seen it done before, but I just don't know how to do it. Anyone know?
I know that there's probably a better way to make a button symbol in Word, but here's the best way I know how to do it in Word 2007:

1. Create a Rectangle Autoshape, and draw it small.
2. Set its text alignment to In Line With Text.
3. Right click it, and say Add Text, then type the text of the button. Its okay if you don't see it.
4. Right click it, and say Format Autoshape. Click on the Text Box tab, and set the internal margins on all four sides to zero inches. Then, set the vertical alignment to Center.
5. Triple click the text inside and center it horizontally.
6. And there you have it! You can copy that shape for other buttons.
The alternative is to use one of TI's fonts that contains the button symbols. I had thought that TI-Connect installed it, but I can't seem to find it in my current install. Nevertheless, I know that the font exists. Alternatively, though, I think that [2nd][ENTER] is perfectly clear.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum