What arbitrary choice makes you better than your peers?
Team Valor
 40%  [ 16 ]
Team Instinct
 30%  [ 12 ]
Team Mystic
 30%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 40

Nik wrote:
It seems that the popularity of this game quickly ebbed within a few weeks to months after its release. It got replaced by other games (Clash Royale??), though, so I am not sure if this is good or not.

Also, this last statement is merely judged by a small sample, meaning my class and all the random chatter I hear during bus drives or outside. So I might be wrong.

Yeah, I guess while quite a few people still play it, it ended up being one of those fads. But then, Clash Royale has been kinda big for quite a while now, in my opinion (Anyone else play? Maybe I should make a new thread........). I'm not sure if there /is/ a new trendy game........
I blame school and Winter. People played the game so much only because they had so much free time during Summer and they could both do gaming and hanging out outside at the same time. And now snow is kicking in and I doubt people wants to catch Pokémon in freezing weather. I still see people playing from time to time, but only indoors, which isn't convenient unless you can reach a Pokéstop without going outside.

But I agree that the game seems to be going the same route as Pogs in the early 90's (anyone remember those?)
KermMartian wrote:
Although I've never spent more than an hour in aggregate playing Pokemon-franchise games and clones in my life (I know, scourge me as necessary), I have more than a passing interest in augmented reality. Therefore, I'm aware that there's a new Pokemon Go that has everyone running into traffic and running their phone batteries down at a fantastic rate. Are you guys playing? Are you looking for people with whom to trade? Or do we just want to focus on how graphing calculators are the far superior Pokemon platform choice?

I like the concept of an A.R. game like this, causing players to explore and all that, but I do not like the whole route the players have driven the game. (i.e. taking over the interwebnets)
Thought I'd share an update with my progress over the last few days. I'm down to needing to evolve Machop, Cloyster, Kabuto, Omanyte, and Dratini. What my current Pokemon storage looks like:

Sorry for how long the post became, I reduced the size drastically to get it this small. I'll try to make it smaller at a later time and get it reposted up.

Anyways, this is the current state of my living pokedex in Go. As you can see, I have a Kabuto as my buddy, takes 5KM to get a single candy, and I need 12 candies for it to evolve, and I need like 22 for my Omanyte, so it might be a month or so before both of those get evolved. I'm almost afraid of what Dratini will require.

Some stats:

I've caught 131 Pokemon
I have 581,859 stardust right now
I have an Eevee I've caught with 811 CP when I caught it, and I have 3411 Eevee candies stored up
Very nice, sir! Thank you for sharing. I'll start with some stats of my own:
- Got to level 30 less than an hour ago, partially thanks to the double XP event for Thanksgiving.
- I now have 2,008,474 XP, with another 500,000 XP to get to level 31. I'm not sure where the motivation to keep playing will be, other than completing my Pokedex.
- Speaking of which, I have caught 125 Pokemon and seen 138 Pokemon, and I'll soon be able to evolve a few more once I have sufficient candy. I've been using it somewhat steadily, but I have 597,978 Stardust.
- After four days of trying, got my first two Dittos today.

Thanks to the Halloween event, on November 1st, I got enough Vulpix candy to evolve my much-desired Ninetails:

Also thanks to the Halloween event, I managed to get all 400 Magikarp candy to get my first (and only) Gyarados:

Shortly thereafter, I reached level 28. On November 17th, I got to level 29, and today, I reached level 30:
Almost out of Pokéballs, and too far from a pokéstop where I have enough free time to harvest them. D:
I PLAY CLASH ROYALE EVERY DAY Very Happy
I do. Im only 11 so...
I'm in legendary 3400 trophies
Clan: Legendary Flock
Me:merpaderp
Gen Two is here, and everything is massively broken! Huzzah.
Being a software dev, the software is amazing, and I love how the game has demonstrated to the public a potential use for AR. I don't like, however, the way people are taking it, expecially that, uh, 'song'. Flame me as much as you want (I'm used to it...), but I feel that people spend way too much time on social media (says the guy who is typing a forum post while looking at his texts). The 'dank memes' drive me nuts, too. Whenever I see one, I'm like, "People spend 5 min looking at THAT?!". Not trying to hate on anyone, as I am ok with the clever ones, but the ones like the 'dab' or 'triggered', which are based off of real, serious things, literally want to make me scream.

Sorry for a rant post, but yeah.

EDIT: scrolls up and sees that he has already made a post on the same thing.... ARGGH
KermMartian wrote:
Gen Two is here, and everything is massively broken! Huzzah.

Oh good, it's not just everyone I was out with tonight. Managed to catch two of the new guys!
So, it's been some time since this topic was posted in, let's bring it back!

This is my current list of pokemon I don't have:

83: Farfetch'd -Y
115: Kangaskhan -Y
122: Mr. Mime -Y
144: Articuno -X
145: Zapdos -X
146: Moltres -X
150: Mewtwo -X
151: Mew -X
181: Ampharos (23 candies away)
201: Unown
210: Granbull (12 candies away)
214: Heracross -Y
221: Piloswine (38 candies away)
222: Corsola -Y
225: Delibird N/A
235: Smeargle N/A
243: Raikou -X
244: Entei -X
245: Suicune -X
247: Pupitar (141 candies needed for this and Tyranitar)
248: Tyranitar
249: Lugia -X
250: Ho-Oh -X
251: Celebi -X

X- Legendary: 11
Y- Region locked: 5
Not available: 2

How goes progress for all of you?
You're at 227/228 (caught/seen), and I'm at 225/232; it turns out that you have four I don't, but I have three you don't? The math doesn't work out there). Mine looks something like this (for the missing ones; bold is the ones you have that I don't):

157: Typhlosion (44 candies away)
175: Togepi
176: Togetic
181: Ampharos (46 candies away)
206: Dunsparce
(210: Granbull - I have this one)
(221: Piloswine - I have this one)
(247: Pupitar - I have this one)
248: Tyranitar (65 candies away)

Edit: 226/232, because I finally hatched a Togepi yesterday.
Nice work! I'm at level 34 as well now, thanks to the Fire and Ice event. I reached 170K/1.25M XP into level 34, got my Ice Type badge up to 137/200, and got my first Typhlosion. I also recently got a Dunsparce randomly. My missing types are Togetic, Ampharos, Unown, Tyranitar, and I have the candies for an Ampharos, but I'm walking out 14 more candies so I can get a Simply Amazes/Wow instead of a Simply Amazes/Excellent Ampharos.

Edit: For posterity, I wasn't telling myself "Nice work!"; tifreak8x had originally posted before me, then deleted his post and posted after me. Wink
Quote:
Just posting up an update, I am at level 34, and have 3 pokemon left to find: Unown, Pupitar, and Tyranitar.

I can reply better than this.

I currently have 38 of the 149 candies needed to get Tyranitar.
I still need Unown.
We still have 18 unavailable at this point to us :<

As to the medals/trophies:

Fighting type: 68/200
Steel type: 27/200
Dragon type: 13/200

Big Magikarp: 50/300
Tiny Rattata: 150/300
Pikachu fan: 93/300
Gym Battles: 9/1000
Training: 8/1000

Posting up the medals because posting how many pokemon I need now is boring. lol Once I get the Larvitar candies I need, I'll go back to walking magnemite, because I'll need a significant amount of those to get Magnezone once it is released. I also need more Togepi candies for the Togekiss that will also be available someday.

Just got to this candy milestone, btw: https://twitter.com/tifreak8x/status/877921559268081664
That's incredible, tifreak8x! I don't know if I'll ever get that many Eevees. I got my first Ampharos today: I somehow managed to drag geekboy1011 back into playing Pokemon Go yesterday while staying with him for a few days, and today, we spotted a Mareep on radar 0.7 miles away. Since I was at 121 candies, I dragged him over there, caught it, and turned my Simply Amazes/Wow Mareep into Flaafy, then Ampharos.

How have people been enjoying the new gym system and the raids?
Figured now would be a good time to update my list for Go:

As you can see, the only one I need is Unown. It's also going to be one I'll have to be so stupidly lucky to find that I just don't see it happening unless an event brings it up.

As to my medals:

Fighting type: 77/200
Steel type: 37/200
Dragon type: 18/200

Big Magikarp: 51/300
Tiny Rattata: 181/300
Pikachu fan: 123/300
Gym Battles: 232/1000
Gym Defense: 905/1000
Win Raids: 10/1000
Berry Master: 97/1000
Training: 8/1000

I might take some screenshots to show off some catches I've made of interest, or check out my twitter: https://twitter.com/tifreak8x
I've actually managed to see all 238 available Pokemon now, thanks to gyms, and I'm only missing Tyranitar and Unown for Pokemon that are available in my region: Here's how I'm doing:

248: Tyranitar (65 candies away)

Nice work on those medals, sir. I've done much more with the gyms, but you're ahead on just about all the type medals.
I've been playing for a while but have never posted here. I hit two milestones today, 100 Pokemon caught and Level 20, so I figured it was a good time to post.

My 100th Pokemon species:

I'm not sure how I was unable to catch one for almost a year, as I hear they are common.
I also hit Level 20 earlier today:

Here's my current Pokedex (Generated from a spreadsheet I keep up, this was not typed manually):

Code:
Bulbasaur
Ivysaur
Squirtle
Wartortle
Caterpie
Metapod
Butterfree
Weedle
Pidgey
Pidgeotto
Rattata
Raticate
Spearow
Ekans
Arbok
Pikachu
Sandshrew
Nidoran
Nidoran
Vulpix
Jigglypuff
Zubat
Oddish
Gloom
Paras
Venonat
Diglett
Meowth
Mankey
Growlithe
Arcanine
Poliwag
Poliwhirl
Abra
Machop
Bellsprout
Geodude
Graveler
Ponyta
Slowpoke
Magnemite
Doduo
Dodrio
Grimer
Krabby
Voltorb
Exeggcute
Cubone
Koffing
Ryhorn
Rhydon
Horsea
Goldeen
Staryu
Scyther
Pinsir
Tauros
Magikarp
Eevee
Jolteon
Porygon
Chikorita
Bayleef
Cyndaquil
Quilava
Sentret
Furret
Hoothoot
Noctowl
Ledyba
Ledian
Spinarak
Ariados
Chinchou
Pichu
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Natu
Xatu
Marill
Hoppip
Skiploom
Aipom
Sunkern
Yanma
Wooper
Murkrow
Dunsparce
Gligar
Snubbull
Granbull
Heracross
Teddiursa
Slugma
Corsola
Remoraid
Octillery
Mantine
Houndour
Phanphy
Stantler
Smoochum
Elekid

I currently have a 10k egg about to hatch and I am waiting for a few more candies to evolve a Smoochum that I got from an egg into a Jynx.
I don't know much about Pokemon Go as I don't play, but my siblings bolted out the door and drove about 20 miles as an Unown spawned. They all caught one.

X- Legendary: 5

As to my medals:

Fighting type: 81/200
Steel type: 48/200
Dragon type: 20/200

Big Magikarp: 52/300
Tiny Rattata: 213/300
Pikachu fan: 169/300
Gym Battles: 320/1000
Win Raids: 12/1000
Berry Master: 224/1000

I've also just crossed into level 36, now requiring a staggering 1,993,000 exp to get to level 37. I've managed to catch myself 4 articuno, 6 moltres, 4 zapdos, and 4 lugia, thus far. I'm hoping for at least 2 more of each zapdos and lugia before the event is over. Also, still need that pesky unown. :/ All 26 of them, in fact. But 1 for the entry would be nice.

Biggest problem I'm seeing right now is the fact I have many pokemon that need leveling, but stardust is insanely difficult to come by. I need like 8000 stardust to level my tyranitars once, and they could probably be leveled a dozen more times. They really need to work out an algorithm that gives more stardust based on your level for catching, because just 100 per pokemon caught is terrible.

How far along are you with the event birds? How's your progress in general going?

Update: Now up to 6 Zapdos and 5 Lugia captured.

Update 2: Caught 2 more Zapdos, bringing the total to 8

Update 3: Been doing more raids, now sitting at 5 Articuno, 9 Zapdos, 7 Moltres, and 6 Lugia. Still shooting for 3 more Articunos, 1 more Moltres, and 2 more Lugia. Also, this exp gain is quite nice. Pokedex reads 236 caught, 241 seen

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours