So for those who haven't been following, the *chans and sites like Gawker and Ebaum's World have undertaken an attack on the Church of Scientology. Slashdot article:

http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/08/01/24/1311252.shtml
Yes, I saw Evil or Very Mad
Harq wrote:
What do you think? Do you think they'll succeed in making a difference or at least publicizing the flaws of Scientology?
KermMartian wrote:
Harq wrote:
What do you think? Do you think they'll succeed in making a difference or at least publicizing the flaws of Scientology?

I'm pretty sure Scientology has been successfully made a fool of ever since Tom Cruise joined. Honestly, it has never been taken seriously, why they be taken seriously now?
It must still be convincing to some people, otherwise they wouldn't still be making money. Even their founder, L Ron Hubbard, once said that a foolproof way to make money would be to start a church.
Kerm that knowledge is only gainable through 20000$ worth of auditing, prepare to be sued.
been watching digg much? lots of "Scientology DOX" making their way to the top
Indeed. LOTS. I support the destruction of scientology, I don't support a few of the methods Anonymous is using =/
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
Indeed. LOTS. I support the destruction of scientology, I don't support a few of the methods Anonymous is using =/
Some of the stuff they're doing is definitely illegal, but my outrage is tempered substantially by the greater good of what they're trying to do. Amazing, Anonymous doing good; whatup with that?
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Harq wrote:

I'm pretty sure Scientology has been successfully made a fool of ever since Tom Cruise joined. Honestly, it has never been taken seriously, why they be taken seriously now?

I will be reporting you to Xenu Kllrnohj!
I think this is a forgone conclusion Very Happy

http://googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=xenu&word2=long+cat
I'm glad that the topic of Scientology has been brought up. I myself am a Scientologist and would like to answer any questions that people have about it, though I recommend that you consider auditing (it really doesn't cost that much in the long run).

Many skeptics may say that our religion is a "lie" because of how new it is. I'd like to ask those people how they think that Scientology technology could exist if L. Ron Hubbard or any other great science fiction writer decided to expose this truthful perspective before the mid-1900's.

No one likes conflict, but Scientologists need to be assertive. I myself have taken the liberty of collecting as much personal information (including geographical location) as possible of those posting in this topic. If the Church of Scientology does not hear from you soon, I'm afraid that I'll have to list you all as Suppressive Persons.

Good day!
lol, I hope? Hopefully that's just some skillful trollbait.
I thought that the "great science fiction writer" comment would give it away.
I was about to say.... Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours