While messing around with ChatGPT, I was excited to learn that i could program in eZ80 as I intended to learn. To test its abilities, I gave it the simple task of a Tic-Tac-Toe game. After over 30 minutes of debugging and 20 code rewrites, it still was unable to make a functioning game. Might use it in the future for documentation help but it does not have the range I had hoped.

P.S. I can include the code if anyone is interested.
ChatGPT is useless at programming pretty much anything.
MateoConLechuga wrote:

Also important to note that the less common of a language it is, the less it'll know about it and something like ez80 assembly isn't something that's used a lot compared to other languages like C or Python. Definitely better to ask your questions either here in the forums or in SAX, there's usually someone around who could probably help or at least point you in the right direction.
Yeah, I was mostly just playing around with ChatGPT for fun. I wanted to know its capabilities for coding, specifically for eZ80.

RoccoLox Programs wrote:
Definitely better to ask your questions either here in the forums or in SAX, there's usually someone around who could probably help or at least point you in the right direction.

I intend to browse resources and lurk on the forum a lot during the summer. If I can't find answers, I'll definitely reach out to you as opposed to the bot. Thanks for being such a kind and supportive community!
I believe that Chat GPT is a great assistant to have when coding. After all it is going to replace simple and repetitive jobs in the future. But I believe when it comes to coding in programming a languages that doesn't really have a variety of open source programs before 2021 it tents to struggle due to the lack of data used to train the model.

MateoConLechuga wrote:

To a certain extent. To date, Chat GPT "3.0" is roughly 80% correct, with the remaining 20% being less valuable languages that were left out of train data. However, if Chat GPT receives more training data, I predict that it's overall 80% correctness will be closer to a 85% - 90%. (Urhm Chat GPT "4.0" does this)
Alvajoy123 wrote:
I believe that Chat GPT is a great assistant to have when coding. After all it is going to replace simple and repetitive jobs in the future. But I believe when it comes to coding in programming a languages that doesn't really have a variety of open source programs before 2021 it tents to struggle due to the lack of data used to train the model.

MateoConLechuga wrote:

To a certain extent. To date, Chat GPT "3.0" is roughly 80% correct, with the remaining 20% being less valuable languages that were left out of train data. However, if Chat GPT receives more training data, I predict that it's overall 80% will be closer to a 85% - 90%. (Urhm Chat GPT "4.0" does this)

This further solidifies my belief that you are an idiot.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Alvajoy123 wrote:

MateoConLechuga wrote:

To a certain extent. To date, Chat GPT "3.0" is roughly 80% correct, with the remaining 20% being less valuable languages that were left out of train data. However, if Chat GPT receives more training data, I predict that it's overall 80% will be closer to a 85% - 90%. (Urhm Chat GPT "4.0" does this)

This further solidifies my belief that you are an idiot.

Hey MateoConLechuga, Simply going off assumptions doesn't guarantee you correctness. you simply don't have any experience with technology (NW "Neural Networks", LLM "Large Language Models") and you probably using the free version of ChatGPT. Where as the paid version has slightly fixed most of the issues you are addressing.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours