A disk image of what?
It's not hard to convert a disk image to a ROM file, since they're both just a bunch of bytes in a row, but unless said row of bytes was specifically designed to run on calculator hardware (e.g. a dump of an actual calculator's memory), it's not going to do anything meaningful when run on emulated calculator hardware. Considering that nobody really stores calculator ROMs as disk image files, it's extremely unlikely that a disk image file will contain a bunch of bytes that can actually run on calculator hardware.

You should generate a ROM file using CEmu's ROM setup wizard, by clicking Calculator > ROM setup wizard... > Create a ROM image from your calculator, then following the instructions on-screen.
You need an actual .rom file that's dumped (by CEmu or TILP) from your CE. The fact that it's a Mac doesn't matter, the generated file will be a .rom. The only .dmg involved around all that is the CEmu download.
I finally got it to work. It took me two hours to develop a ROM image. I felt like it was impossible, version 5.8 sucks, but I didn't give up even though the ROM image was broken.Smile Anyways thanks for creating the CEmu, without it, I would be in big trouble if I ever forget my physical calculator!
Clyde wrote:
I finally got it to work. It took me two hours to develop a ROM image. I felt like it was impossible, version 5.8 sucks, but I didn't give up even though the ROM image was broken.Smile Anyways thanks for creating the CEmu, without it, I would be in big trouble if I ever forget my physical calculator!

Two hours to develop a ROM image? Regardless of version, it should be an instantaneous process. Also the reason the ROM image is broken is most likely because 5.8 has a bug that it won't always warn you when you run out of memory (ask me how I know Wink ). So what probably happened is that the DUMP.8xp didn't have room to generate all the AppVars. The AppVars take up quite a bit of space, so you're going to want to remove any large programs you might have before dumping.
Your correct, but it wasn't just that I had to look for my USB for my calc and I lost it, so I went to the nearest Walmart which was about 20 mins to get to, and then I went to home depot for soil and then I went to CVS to look for glasses because I lost a pair and then I went back and then I went back to my calc tried to remove the large programs (including cesium), also If you're wondering If I just order the new USB but I'd rather go to the store because it's faster. Thanks for the reply. Neutral
I am using the latest version on Ubuntu. I can't seamlessly drag the keypad to the screen because I am using GTK. https://files.catbox.moe/66g27m.webm

Edit: Apparently, [s]it looks like it works and I am just a noob.[/s] this is actually a problem.
Cemu Keeps Resting the Emulator When ever I try to RUn any Program or install any app, please help.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 15 of 15
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours