Are you interested in an On-Calc C IDE like Caesar
Yes
 81%  [ 13 ]
No
 18%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 16

I have just started creating Caesar. Currently it only supports minimal ASM integration and isn't developed enough to produce a screenshot, so I'm wondering if anyone would be interested with this. I also hope to integrate this into a shell like Vysion 2 or Xenon.
Nice! But i don't know C Sad .
Pointers are confusing and the language is ummm

Not for my Python brain Sad
Very nice! This is a feature that has been fairly highly requested for VYSION 2, so it's good to see that it could become a reality. Let me know what needs to be done to integrate it once you get to that stage.

Also, remember that it should be able to work without a shell as well.

Looking forward to some updates!
That's great to hear. FYI the structure of it will be similar to mimas (https://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/431/43140.html). (In other words, programs will be stored as appvar and the user can compile it from a gui) As for the developing, I will make it so that all of the compiling and editing functions can be accessed with a single header file.
This seems like a really cool idea. I'd love to see a finished program!
What tricks do you anticipate using to fit a C compiler on the calculator?
I will most likely create a program like ICE, but for C, not ASM.

FYI: I will try to give an update about the progress every Monday.
It's time for more detail. Introducing CE Studio Code:
CESCODE
(CE Studio Code)

The Goal:
An Integrated development environment for vysion 2 and xenon with a file explorer, terminal, text editor, and extension and theme system included. This is based off of visual studio code. Supports ASM, basic, Ice, Cezo and hopefully C++. It has three major parts; Cezo is 2 appvar, Cezo and CezoC, that together provide an assembler for ASM and C, respectively. Caesar is a program that provides an interface for compiling and editing files. It also can convert header files to appvar and C files to programs. In the CESCODE file system, all project files will appear grouped in one single folder. Finally there’s CEScode itself, which includes all of the above, and a hexadecimal viewer.

Current breakdown:
Create Caesar
Create Cezo
Create Caesar converter
Add hooks
Create Cescode

I will give more detail later today
KermMartian wrote:

A whole lot of false hope and subverted expectations.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

A whole lot of false hope and subverted expectations.

What do you mean by that?

Also, is anybody good enough with ASM to create a hook? I don't know it, and I would be happy if someone could help create a hook as I create the compiler.

v0.0.10

Caesar's GUI is nearly finished, so I'm starting CEZO.

Changelog:
[Added] GUI
[Added] Base code for CEZO
[Improved] Appvar interaction
cavaire3d wrote:
Also, is anybody good enough with ASM to create a hook? I don't know it, and I would be happy if someone could help create a hook as I create the compiler.

Depends on what kind of a hook you want and what you want it to do. I do have experience making certain hooks, so I could probably help out with this.
I want a Program editor hook that shows a list of C commands(Like Ices Hook). Should be viewed by pressing zoom. Once I finish the C compiler, this hook will allow developing of C programs until I make CE Studio Code.
Just as a heads up, I will be learning ASM and studying every aspect of the C toolchain so I won't be working on this project for a couple of weeks.
Sounds interesting, I'll like to see how the project turns out!
ValkTheBoxman wrote:
Nice! But i don't know C Sad .
Pointers are confusing and the language is ummm

Not for my Python brain Sad

Me either. Sad
3/27
v0.0.20
(Source code will be released on version 0.1.0)

Overview:
I have started on the hook that allows some of the c commands to be pasted into basic programs. The compiler is currently not functional, and the header(.h) converter is nearly completed.

Changelog:
[Added] Base code for hook
[Added] Converter
[Fixed] Various bugs

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours