How do I use the input token? It says it's used like in BASIC but I tried to do it like that and it just says "INVALID TOKEN".
How do I change the length of a list?
sirdudeman wrote:
How do I use the input token? It says it's used like in BASIC but I tried to do it like that and it just says "INVALID TOKEN".

The documentation lies. You just use input, no arguments, and it returns a pointer to the created temporary OS string variable. Like other variable-sized OS variables, the data is preceded by a two-byte length value. Note that this measures bytes, not tokens.

sirdudeman wrote:
How do I change the length of a list?

If you're referring to Axe's definitions of L₁-L₆ (https://axe.eeems.ca/Commands.html#dataAndStorageCommands), they're not really lists, they're simple fixed-size data storage areas.

If you're referring to OS list variables... that's complicated, so I hope you're not.
Anyone here know how to add characters to the end of a string? I originally store the entire string space before and then replace the characters from the beginning to end. Is there any way to better do this?

EDIT: Already figured this out!
Can somebody give a little more insight as to how custom interrupts work? I want to utilize them but I don't know more than creating them. More specifically I do not know exactly what the subroutine label does.
Does anyone know an algorithm which takes the Axe keycode and turns it into a character hex? I really have no clue where to find such a thing.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 12 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours