Many of you know that 95% of my time these days is consumed by my startup Geopipe. I recently mentioned that we released a detailed, game-ready digital twin of all of New York City for free, for both personal and commercial use. We want to see what game developers could apply their creativity to build, so we're hosting a New York, New York Game Jam on itch.io with a $2500 prize to the winner.

The rules are pretty simple: use part or all of Geopipe's New York City environment to build a game, for just about any platform where our models can be used, although I expect most people will choose Unity (we have a mature Unity SDK) or Unreal. The contest technically runs through the month of January, with a deadline on January 31st, but there's no reason not to start your entry over the holidays! Just like Cemetech contents, no plagiarism is allowed, and the subject matter you'd expect to be disallowed is disallowed. If you're not familiar with itch.io's game jams, to join, just go to the game jam page, log in if necessary, and click Join.

Having seen what you all can create during past Cemetech contests, I hope you'll join this one, and I can't wait to see what you build!

Just a reminder that this game jam/hackathon is on now! We have 137 people/teams signed up and building games, and I'm excited to see the activity and in-progress screenshots on our Discord. It's been a while since we've run a proper Cemetech programming contest, so please consider this a Cemetech-adjacent contest with a pretty substantial prize. Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours