Hello Im new to programming, I simply just want to know how can I program a simple formula without having to manually do it. Im in 3rd year of college and I have many formulas that I have to use that are all very long and complicated so my teacher say to programm on our calculators. But I only know how to do it manually on my calculator:
I have the ability to connect it to my pc. Also I have the normal programing text I have the formula in PDF, converted into text using and online tool, so if there was some sort of online tool, i could convert it into TI Basic and it would be done, but I cant find anything like that.

Please help thank you.
What is your formula?

You shouldn't need a computer to do any of this. On your calculator, hit [prgm], scroll to NEW, hit Enter, and name it whatever you want. Then basically all you need in your program is something like this:

Code:
Disp "FORMULA: A+B+C"
Prompt A,B,C
Disp A+B+C

Replace the formula with whatever it is you need it to be. Replace A B and C with whatever variables you need in the formula.

The Disp command and Prompt command can be found in the [prgm] menu as well, if you hit that and scroll to the right one menu.

Then to run your program, hit [2nd] [mode] to quit the program editor, hit [prgm] again, and select your program. Then it'll ask you for the variable values you want to input.
As a forum member, I am legally required* to recommend Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus by Dr. Christopher R. Mitchell, the founder of this Website and forum.

*Not literally, but gotta be on-brand!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours