oh. Smile

I learned basic by looking at chapter 16, programming, of graphing the ti83 plus. Then after that, I went to ticalc (the first calculator game site I found, and the only for a while) and downloaded cool games finding out what different things did.

Edit: Btw jctiger777, do you have a link to learning ICE for ti84PCE?
I'm already making sprites and examining codes of programs. Because Bejeweled has been ported via BASIC, I could use the game's code as insight on how to code my project (along with that of Tetris CE). However, I might have a hard time understanding the purpose of each command in both programs. Here are my sprites so far:

https://mega.nz/#F!R9UGgITB!jnQQKbB16wnKl5J1TFMPhQ
TI84pceBasicPro wrote:

Edit: Btw jctiger777, do you have a link to learning ICE for ti84PCE?

jcgter777 wrote:
dankcalculatorbro made some ICE tutorial videos, and I've found them to be very helpful. The videos are found here

The ICE documentation included in the download is also very helpful! Very Happy Good luck!
I'm already making sprites and examining codes of programs. Because Bejeweled has been ported via BASIC, I could use the game's code as insight on how to code my project (along with that of Tetris CE). However, I might have a hard time understanding the purpose of each command in both programs. Here are my sprites so far:

https://mega.nz/#F!R9UGgITB!jnQQKbB16wnKl5J1TFMPhQ
You might want to enclose your URL with [url][/url]. Example: [url]https://cemetech.net/[/url]. It makes clicking links easy! Wink
I copied and pasted the whole thing, mainly because the "!" broke up the URL.

The sprites look cool! Nice work so far!

EDIT: TLM said that "!" breaks up the link within the [url][/url], so don't worry about that. Instead, maybe just paste the link, and not enclose it! Smile (easier copy and paste Razz)
Honestly, it'd almost be better to learn ICE first. I've found that my TI-Basic knowledge actually gets in the way (i.e. a lot of the optimizations I use with just a single if statement, the fact I still end up using single letter variables, etc.)

Basically, it's almost easier to learn them both at the same time. Or just learn ICE as it's so much more powerful... just do use backups Very Happy
Many of the commands in ICE are the same as in BASIC, so if you learn one, the other is not as hard to learn.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours