» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
*bump* My girlfriend Tori and I played an epic two-session game of AoE2 this week against two AIs; in the end it turned out to be a war of attrition, with us trying to find a good strategy to use for the Celts against infantry units (hint: there are none). We eventually succeeded with a mix of paladins and massed monks once clever naval tactics and guerrilla strikes got us all the relics.

AOEII is currently on sale for $3.99! Buy it while it's hot!
ordelore wrote:
AOEII is currently on sale for $3.99! Buy it while it's hot!
Do it! Alternatively, you can get AoEIIHD plus the Forgotten expansion for an extra dollar. I hope anyone who has been considering playing Age of Empires II HD with us will grab it and join up. Smile
Just wanted to put this out there. This game is really fun and cheap. Anyone who has steam should consider playing it with me and the other Cemetech members who play. Smile
Abrum wrote:
Just wanted to put this out there. This game is really fun and cheap. Anyone who has steam should consider playing it with me and the other Cemetech members who play. Smile

I would but no money Neutral It does look like a ton of fun and I have played AoEIII so I have kind of an idea heheh
Chauronslilsis wrote:
Abrum wrote:

I would but no money Neutral It does look like a ton of fun and I have played AoEIII so I have kind of an idea heheh

Aw, thats sad Sad and yeah it's lot's of fun playing it! Especialy the battles against Kerm, I think we're both even skilled (don't know for sure, we need to play some more Razz) wich leads into interesting battles. But of course playing with Abrum,quzaa,... is also lot's of fun!
If you wanna add me on steam, I'm "Merch01", only I'm in CET (GMT+1) so thats annoying.
I have bought a 4-pack of this game. I've already gifted a copy to Chaur and will be happy to gift another copy to another user who desires to play with the Cemetech Crew. I'm keeping the other 2 copies for myself, one for when I get a compatible computer and the other for to give to a friend or something.
From the pictures on steam, I gather it is a role playing game where you build barracks and things like clash of clans?

Edit: Looks like fun. Very Happy
Too bad I spent all of my available money on a new calculator. Razz
It looks pretty fun! Smile I did play Rise of Nations with some friends a while back; is this pretty similar?
MateoConLechuga wrote:
It looks pretty fun! Smile I did play Rise of Nations with some friends a while back; is this pretty similar?

From playing Rise of Nations myself, it's very similar but nations is much more oriented on strategy.
comicIDIOT wrote:
I have bought a 4-pack of this game. I've already gifted a copy to Chaur and will be happy to gift another copy to another user who desires to play with the Cemetech Crew. I'm keeping the other 2 copies for myself, one for when I get a compatible computer and the other for to give to a friend or something.
That was very generous of you! It's a real-time strategy game: you use villagers to build up resources like food, wood, stone, and gold, build buildings, troops, ships, and siege weapons, advance through different ages that give you increasingly strong and powerful units, and try to destroy the other players' civilizations.

Monkey: It's a little disheartening, because as far as I know you've been playing for a month and I've been playing for about 15 years, but I think we are indeed close in skill.
Many thanks to Comic and his generosity. He gifted me AOEII HD today. Time to relearn everything AOE related (I used to play AOE/AOEII/AOM before I changed computers and lost the disks...)
I'll|We'll be happy to help you learn! Do you guys want to play a quick game this afternoon, perhaps even nowish? I bet we can drag comic and a few others in.
Sounds fun! I will destroy with my French army!
KermMartian wrote:
I bet we can drag comic ... in.

Unfortunately, you can't. It's a Windows game you see and I have Mac. I bought the 4-pack on a Steam sale so I can play with you guys when I do get a Windows PC though. But, there's no ETA on that.
comicIDIOT wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
I bet we can drag comic ... in.

Unfortunately, you can't. It's a Windows game you see and I have Mac. I bought the 4-pack on a Steam sale so I can play with you guys when I do get a Windows PC though. But, there's no ETA on that.

Just use Bootcamp.
You can also play it with Wine, from my experiences with AHelper and unknownloner. In other news, I played a lot of Age of Empires II HD two weeks ago with my girlfriend when she was in town, and we have a good strategy that works on water maps against Moderate AIs. Unfortunately, in the past two days I tried a land map (Black Forest), playing the Byzantines against two AIs. I discovered that I'm pretty powerless against massed Elite Longbowmen backed by monks, since they can reach further than any unit I can make.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=427240050
I loved playing Age of Empires II when i was in high school. If they had a Linux version i'd pick it up in a heartbeat. For now 0 A.D. seems like a promising alternative. Wish i could join you all Very Happy
Its on sale again! I can hopefully get it for 6.79!
Unicorn wrote:
Its on sale again! I can hopefully get it for 6.79!
You should all get it for the low Steam Sale price and play with us! However, I believe that Marudok suggested waiting to see if it would go even lower during the Steam sales.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours