» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
AoE2 kinda sucked.
KermMartian wrote:
*bump* So I have Age of Empires II HD and no one to play against. Do you have it? Are you on Steam? Hit me up!

Do have, just can't play until I get a better video card.
tifreak8x wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
*bump* So I have Age of Empires II HD and no one to play against. Do you have it? Are you on Steam? Hit me up!

Do have, just can't play until I get a better video card.
I hope that gets resolved soon. I always enjoy playing against you a great deal. I also hope that Steam/Microsoft fix the issues with the new game, some of which might even help with your framerate.
Bump, played my first full game on AoEIIHD after mucking about in it, and right away, bugs!

Nice to see that ships are now all-terrain!
That's an interesting bug, AHelper; any idea how it got triggered? Also, now that you finally bought AoEIIHD, I need to find some time to play against you! Anyone else here have the game that I should befriend on Steam?
Have the game, yes. Able to play? No. Still need to get a decent video card :/
I just got the game on Steam as mentioned in the Christmas thread, my username is ordelore if anyone wants to friend me. No gaming tonight, though: it's quite late here.
allynfolksjr wrote:
AoE2 kinda sucked.

^ this

Civ 5 is a better choice, but even that falls short in gameplay at times.
Civ and AOE are two different kinds of games. I do know that people tend to prefer one over the other, but Civ is turn-based with some real-time components, while AOE is completely real-time. Some people don't like that, fine, but I think that Civ is not really a comparable game to AOE. Starcraft and Warcraft are more like AOE.

That said, compared to AOM, Starcraft (I), and Warcraft (I/II/III), AOE (I/II) was lacking. I still enjoyed the game, and it still is a good game. I really want AOE2HD because multiplayer support, but I don't have the steam funds ATM D:

There's always birthday, I guess...
I just beat Kerm and UnkownLoner in a great game!
ordelore wrote:
He built a Wonder, and I didn't notice until I lost. Wink UnknownLoner kept me busy with a constant attack on my flank.
KermMartian wrote:
ordelore wrote:
He built a Wonder, and I didn't notice until I lost. Wink UnknownLoner kept me busy with a constant attack on my flank.

In my defense, I had to leave soon. Plus, my navy started to really get up to speed at the end.
here's the link to our game:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Xh_cpT9xSTV0ZOZ2g4Q25wdzg/edit?usp=sharing
This makes me want to play AoE2 again.. Although I suck at RTS hah :/
Kerm has massive armies,

but couldn't find this unit for 10 minutes.

GG though, GG. I'm terrible at this game but it's so much fun.
Unknownloner wrote:
Kerm has massive armies, GG though, GG. I'm terrible at this game but it's so much fun.

And yet the last time we played, you annihilated Kerm with massive waves of armies. Perhaps this is a bit of karma coming for you.
ordelore wrote:
Unknownloner wrote:
Kerm has massive armies, GG though, GG. I'm terrible at this game but it's so much fun.

And yet the last time we played, you annihilated Kerm with massive waves of armies. Perhaps this is a bit of karma coming for you.
I was actually wondering the same thing; last time, as you say, unknownln kept trampling me with huge armies. I'm not sure what went differently this time.
*bump* Age of Empires II HD is $5 during the Steam Sale! Grab it and play with the rest of us:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/221380/
Well, it seems to be that for midweek madness, AoE II HD is once again 5 dollars only.

Get it while the sales are hot!

Pyrotechnic, Kaslai, Qazz42, and I played an awesome every-man-for-himself game this evening! I ended up winning, but everyone fought hard and played well. Some screenshots from the end (click to enlarge):

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours