I know there are a couple other SC2 players around these parts, and since the FPS geeks have their own 45 page thread, why can't we?

What's your favorite race+what league do you play in? Anyone want to form a Cemetech team (either for custom games, co-op, or league)?

Protoss is my most played race, but I prefer to use them for team play as a complement to a Zerg team mate (for example using a mothership to cloak 200 supply of mutas, or using observers to help pop the nydus).

Playing solo I've recently decided that I enjoy the broader array of viable strategies available as terran. Last night I was having a lot of fun with using Ravens+PDD to suppress enemy fire while my BCs+Banshees rained pain. This resulted in one Zerg rage quit (post-game graphs revealed he was hugely outproducing me and just coming up with crappy composition), and a lost TvT when I failed to press my advantage after winning a skirmish and didn't have enough unit producing structures to match his Thor output with sufficient Thors+BCs+Banshees. I documented the better portions of both matches with a screen capture.

As far as leagues go, I'm in 1v1 Bronze, a 2v2 Bronze team + 2v2 Gold random, and a couple 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 teams that haven't finished placement.
Nobody else has time to dedicate to mastering a hybrid-RTS/Arcade game.
allynfolksjr wrote:

Nor I -- if I did I wouldn't be in a couple of Bronze leagues Wink
allynfolksjr wrote:
I play Age of Empires 2, but I definitely haven't mastered it. I can barely hold my own against one expert player for an hour or two before getting thrashed.
Is AoE2 still commercially available? It'd be fun to pit our armies against each other. I don't think I've played AoE or Civilization games since the end of elementary school.

[edit]
Actually, a lie, I also played FreeCiv for a while in high school.
I'm not sure, it might still be around, but if so, you should absolutely play! Don't let Grant play, though. Razz And don't let me hijack your Starcraft topic.
I just started playing SC2 again - I switch between Terran and Protoss - mostly a Terran fan.

Add me as a friend or whatever - we should do a 2v2 or 1v1 some time. 4v4 can be pretty fun, too. I've only done the 1v1 ranking, I'm in the silver league.
Kllrnohj wrote:
I just started playing SC2 again - I switch between Terran and Protoss - mostly a Terran fan.

Add me as a friend or whatever - we should do a 2v2 or 1v1 some time. 4v4 can be pretty fun, too. I've only done the 1v1 ranking, I'm in the silver league.

4v4 is awesomely chaotic in the late game. What's your battle.net id (or should I just peak at the Cemetech profiles and add you by email?)?

[edit]

Kllr and I just went 2 for 3 as terrans, and have 2 placement matches left. Entertainingly enough, we both have the same portrait in-game:

Heart of the Swarm is available for preorder now, and for a limited time if you order through TeamLiquid, you get a beta key within a couple days.

With the clan support in HotS, I plan to start a Z80 clan. Let me know if you want to join.
I like the revival of this thread.

I'm least awful at Protoss, so that's what I mostly play. Haven't done much on the ladder after picking the game up recently, but I crushed somebody in the practice league and lost to somebody ranked near the top of bronze 1v1 in my first placement match, so I'll probably end up placed in bronze.

I'm up for some team games whenever, should you see me online.

elfprince13 wrote:
Heart of the Swarm is available for preorder now, and for a limited time if you order through TeamLiquid, you get a beta key within a couple days.

With the clan support in HotS, I plan to start a Z80 clan. Let me know if you want to join.
Hrm. Curse you and your temptation. I'm in.
When I was on a week or so ago I still hadn't seen your friend invite come through. Did you get all of the region stuff sorted out?

Also, let me know when your beta key comes in. TL said within 4 days.
You show up in my friends list (last online two weeks ago), so I think it's all sorted out (I'm now definitely running on the US servers).
Will do with the beta key.
I'm mostly a zerg player, although I've been experimenting a bit with protoss and terran in the last 6 months or so. I'm not good though.

I pre-ordered HotS at EBGames last July and hope it comes out soon.
Release date is in March, apparently Smile
Plat zerg here... I don't think I'll be picking up HotS soon though. I don't have enough spare time to sink into it. Maybe next summer. Every now and then I'll watch streams to relax though.
it looks like dune2000. only newer.
LuxenD wrote:
it looks like dune2000. only newer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real-time_strategy
hmm. i forgot i had dune2. i wonder where im at on that game?
I've gone back and forth between Zerg and Protoss, but I think I'm going to stick with Zerg because of their awesome new units in Heart of the Swarm

Silver 1v1 and 2v2, Bronze 3v3 and 4v4
I remember I was silver-gold in 1v1 until I stopped laddering for one year, bronze in 2v2, gold in 3v3 and gold-plat in 4v4. I hate 2v2 a lot, because all that the opponent does is 6-pool+cannon rush

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours